A long time ago, Bradenton was just Bradenton. No one ever called it Bradentucky until the late 1990’s. #FACT
I saw a story today in the online Bradenton Herald about a child being shot. That fuckin’ pisses me off. Back in the day; kids didn’t get shot in Bradenton.
I remember when I could ride my bike to G.T. Bray park, play sports all day with my friends and never worried about getting molested in the woods or getting shot. Boy, those were the days.
But when my beloved city changed to Bradentucky; that’s when all the bull shit started creeping in.
- Back in the day- I used to shop at DeSoto Square Mall with no fear.
- Back in the day- I used to play with my friends outside after dark.
- Back in the day- I could get to the beach in less than 10 minutes
- Back in the day- it was nearly impossible to score opiates
- Back in the day- there were always drunks
I know as the years go everything changes. Sometimes though, it makes me a bit sad. Yes, Bradentucky Man has feelings too and an occasional soft side.